Thai Sweet Chili Chicken
Have you ever had thai sweet chili sauce? It is the bomb! It’s flavorful, sweet and spicy, but not too spicy and perfect for stir fry or for a chicken marinade. However, most thai chili sauces contain a lot of sugar or corn syrup or maple syrup – none of those are phase 1 approved or very healthy for you. Well I was craving it last night so I decided to make my own, ON PLAN PHASE 1 APPROVED, Thai Sweet Chili Sauce! Here is the recipe:
- 3-4 large Chicken Breast (about 2-3 lbs depending on the size)
- 1/4 cup Ideal Protein Maple Syrup
- 1 tbs Red Pepper Flakes
- 1.5 tbs minced Garlic
- 1.5 tsp Liquid Aminos (or Tamari Sauce)
- 1 packet of stevia
- 1 tsp Grapeseed oil or Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbs Onion powder
- 1/2 tbs Garlic powder (optional)
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally so you get thinner pieces of chicken. Poke holes in each chicken breast with a fork.
- Place chicken breast either in pyrex dish or large gallon size ziplock bag and put all the ingredients the bag or dish and mix will with the chicken.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken and enjoy!
- Note: when I made this I was unsure if it would turn out out tasting good, so I did not precisely measure my ingredients, so the measurements I list are an approximate amount of what I used. I love love love garlic so I always use more than most people 😉
This was super easy to make and super fast. This chicken would be great in stir fry, on salads, or just to be eaten by itself with other veggies! Another ideal is to make cauliflower rice for a Thai Chicken Bowl meal! I also grilled sweet mini peppers to eat with the chicken, so overall, it was an easy and delicious phase 1 approved Ideal Protein dinner!