How do you stay on plan during this season where is seems that every where you turn there is a party to go to or somebody brought Christmas cookies to the office? I am going give you a survival guide to help you stay on track during the holiday season.
Tips and Tricks
- There will always be another party. Parties are more concentrated during the Holidays but there always seems to be another baby shower, birthday party, office party, etc. Instead of having the mindset you are missing out, have the mindset you are choosing your health over party food. Have the self control and self discipline to not worry and focus on the food, but focus on the relationships.
- Bring a drink with you so your hands are already occupied. This is the perfect time to bring a Sparkling ICE drink, a La Croix, hot tea, coffee or some other on plan drink that will help you stay on track.
- Drink water before you come. Getting in most or all of your water for the day before you arrive is key to help you feel full and satisfied and helps keep cravings down.
- Bring a sweet or salty IDP product with you. Choose your favorite bar or chips to bring with you to the party. Chips are perfect for dipping salsa and bars help the sweet tooth craving (and also go great with a cup of coffee).
- Bring pickles. You can bring little snack pack servings of pickles or a big kosher dill prepackaged pickle. Yes, it might look a little funny, but pickles are crunchy and salty; that combination will satisfy your need to crunch and all the salt helps to curb those sweet cravings, especially for those sweet tooth people.
- Bring your own veggies. Cut up some celery sticks, cucumber slices, or mushrooms and put a little baggie in your purse or bag. Nobody will care if you break out own veggies to eat at the party.
- Offer to bring a side dish. Make an IDP approved snack or side dish to bring. There are tons of resources to find great recipes – ask your coach and he/she would love to help you find something to bring for everyone to enjoy!
Your health is much more important than cheating at a holiday party. Remember, if you cheat, it stops the process of ketosis and fat burning. You do not want to sabotage all the hard work you have already done! Just like a pregnant woman does not drink alcohol for a season, you are also saying no FOR A SEASON! This does not mean you can never eat party food again, it just means at this season of your life, you are choosing to be healthy. Choose your health over party food … there will always be another party. 🙂