Most people either love cauliflower or despise it. There are not many people in between. I happen to be one of those people that LOVE cauliflower and I love using it a substitute for carb heavy meals, plus, it helps me get in more veggies! As a result for my love of this vegetable, I made a new recipe! Creamy Cauliflower soup is ridiculously delicious and filling.
Even if you are one of those people who don’t like cauliflower, you will like this!
The recipe calls for 8 oz of cream cheese, so it is geared more toward those who are on Phase 4 or who have completely graduated plan, BUT just take out the cream cheese and you have a phase 1 approved delicious soup!
- 1 large head of cauliflower (equals about 4 cups of veggies)
- 8 oz of cream cheese (omit if on phase 1)
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 tsp of granulated garlic
- optional: 1/2 of bacon to add in to your soup, for phase 1 sub regular bacon with turkey bacon
- scallions for garnish
- Cut cauliflower into florets and place in crock-pot with all seasonings, diced onion, and chicken broth. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Once it’s done, add softened cream cheese and blend with immersion blender in the crock-pot. If you do not have an immersion blender, cut cream cheese into chunks and blend with a couple of ladle fulls of soup in a blender or food processor.
- If you are on Phase 4 or have completed the protocol – add regular cooked bacon, some cheddar cheese and scallions.
- For Phase 1 – top with scallions and turkey bacon.