This is my all time favorite cauliflower dish. I could eat this meal once a day. It is a great way to eat some ‘pizza’ and eat a ton of veggies at the same time. Now, my husband hates food masquerading as other food, but he even admits this one is pretty good. Here is how I make my ‘pizza’ crust.
For those following Phase 1 of Ideal Protein; I’ll put some adjustments at the end.
Ingredients Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup of Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Break apart cauliflower and place in food processor or blender. I usually do this in 2 batches. Blend until cauliflower is a fine rice.
- Place riced cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2.5 minutes. Let cauliflower cool for about 5-10 minutes. Preheat oven to 450
- After the cauliflower has cooled, place in a thin dish towel or cheese cloth and squeeze out all the excess water (there will be quite a lot).
- Place cauliflower back in your bowl and add all the seasonings, eggs, and cheese. Mix together.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and take the dough and spread out. I don’t fill the entire baking sheet. It helps to keep your crust on the thicker side so it will hold up better when eating. I shape my crust into a rectangle that is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake until golden brown.
After the crust is baked feel free to add whatever toppings you like. I typically add tomato sauce, bell peppers, onions, olives, green onions, and sausage and of course cheese. Then switch the oven to broil and bake until the cheese bubbles (about 5 more minutes).
I will be honest, sometimes, I don’t get my crust just right and I have to use a fork to pick it up. You can always add an extra egg or cheese to help stabilize your crust. If you don’t succeed the first time, keep trying! Once you get the hang of this recipe you will love it and so will your family.
Phase 1 Ideal Protein
You can still enjoy this recipe on Phase 1 of Ideal Protein! The only thing you will have to take out is the cheese. You can use Veggie Shreds (remember to count towards protein) or no cheese at all, just a lot of toppings and it still tastes great and you will be loaded with veggies!
Have you tried cauliflower pizza? How do you make your crust and what are your favorite toppings?